Power of Attorney Authentication
for Real Estate and/or Property Transaction in China
Documents prepared in the USA to be used in China, such as Power of Attorney
should be authenticated by the Chinese Embassy or a Chinese Consulate in
the United States before they are sent to China. We strongly recommend you send a draft copy to China to check for acceptability before you submit your application to us. VisaRite is not responsible for your error and/or the content of your document, nor the way you fill out your document. Authenticated Power of Attorney is normally valid for 6 months from the date of signature.
STEP 1 - Complete and Notarize Power of Attorney
- Download and fill out the pre-formatted
Power of Attorney Statement
- Please sign it in presence of the notary. The notary should add an acknowledge statement such as "Signed and sworn (or affirm) to before me this__________day of_______________, 20___." and complete with notary seal and signature.
STEP 2 - Authenticated by the Secretary of State
- The notarized Power of Attorney Statement form should be authenticated by the Secretary
of State. Once authenticated, the staple(s)
must not be removed, or it will invalidate the document.
- When you submit the document to secretary of your state, please indicate
the document will be used in China. The document should be authenticated.
Apostille is not recognized in China. It should be Authentication
instead of Apostille. Click here for state authentication sample.
- Documents authenticated in some states must be further authenticated by the US Department of State (Federal level) after certification by your state's secretary office (state level). These states include Delaware, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming and Washington DC.
STEP 3 - Authentication Application Form
Download and fill out "Authentication Application Form"
Q: What should I fill in "Appendix and Copies of Notarization/ Legalization" section?
A: It simply means how many set of documents you need for authentication. If you only have 1 document, simply type in "1". You will need to pay for each document that needs authentication.
Click here to find out how to fill out the Authentication Application Form correctly.
STEP 4 - Select a Service The authentication
fees vary depending on type of the documents and level of service
- Regular 7-15 business days processing: US$119.00/per document
Consular Fee: $25.00 + Service Fee: $65.00 + Return shipping fee:
(Service fee is reduced to $50 for each additional document, total for each additional document is $75, if the documents can be processed in the same jurisdiction.)
- Express 5-6 business days processing: US$159.00/per document (Not available for Chinese Embassy Jurisdiction)
Consular Fee: $45.00 + Service Fee: $85.00 + Return shipping fee:
(Service fee is reduced to $70 for each additional document, total for each additional document is $115, if the documents can be processed in the same jurisdiction.)
- Processing time means the time Chinese Consulate needs to process your application. First day of receiving is not processing day. Weekend and holiday doesn't count.
- Additional shipping fee applies, if shipping to Alaska and anywhere other than continental USA
- Express Service is suspended for Chinese Embassy in DC, which covers Washington DC, Delaware, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming.
Forms of Payment:
- Payment needs to be in forms of money order, cashiers check, bank check,
certified check, company check or cash. Company check may need a few extra days to clear. Please make check or money order
payable to VisaRite Service. Personal check or credit card payment
is not accepted.
- Fee reduction are valid for additional documents issued in the same state.
STEP 5 - Complete Service Request Form
Click here for Service Request Form
- Please specify your service level and return address by submitting the service request form online.
- Please provide email address and phone so that confirmation and status update can be sent to you during the process.
- Please include one copy of service request confirmation with the documents you ship to us and keep one copy for your record.
STEP 6 - Send the Application Package to VisaRite Service
Put all following items together in one package
- The original notarized and authenticated document, and a photo copy of each single page. You may fold page when making copies.
Do not unstaple, or it will invalidate the document.
- One clearly and completely filled "Application Form for Authentication ".
- Copy of the passport of the applicant.
- Proof of ownership or other supporting paperwork such as
photocopy of the deed if applicable. Do not send original, it won't be
- Check or money order payable to VisaRite Service to cover the total cost.
Please send your application with all required
items listed above by FedEx,
register mail or other traceable courier service to:
VisaRite Service Center
460 Van Emburgh Ave
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Tel: (201) 445-7088
- The processing time is Consulate processing time and doesn't include the return shipping time. First day of receiving is not processing day.
- Above fee including the Consulate fee, VisaRite service fee, and return shipping fee by FedEx.