Single Status Affidavit Authentication
for use in China
Applicant who plans to go to China for marriage registration shall apply
for a Single Status Affidavit Authentication, also called Affidavit of Marital Status or single/non-marital
Important Notice: Local marriage offices in China
may have special preferences in the way you fill out your affidavit. Please
check with the respective marriage office in China for details. We strongly
recommend you send a draft copy to China to check for acceptability before
you submit your application to us. VisaRite is not responsible for your
error and/or the content of your document, nor the way you fill out your
document. Authenticated Single Status Affidavit is normally valid for 6
months from the date of signature.
STEP 1 - Complete and Notarize Affidavit of Marital
- Download and fill out the pre-formatted
of Marital Status
- Please sign it in presence of the notary. The notary should add an acknowledge statement such as "Signed and sworn (or affirm) to before me this__________day of_______________, 20___." and complete with notary seal and signature.
STEP 2 - Authenticated by the Secretary of State
- The notarized Affidavit of Marital Status form should be authenticated by the Secretary
of State. Once authenticated, the staple(s)
must not be removed, or it will invalidate the document.
- When you submit the document to secretary of your state, please indicate
the document will be used in China. The document should be authenticated.
Apostille is not recognized in China. It should be Authentication
instead of Apostille. Click here for state authentication sample.
- Documents authenticated in some states must be further authenticated by the US Department of State (Federal level) after certification by your state's secretary office (state level). These states include Delaware, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming and Washington DC.
STEP 3 - Authentication Application Form (G1)
STEP 4 - Select a Service The authentication
fees vary depending on type of the documents and level of service
- Regular 7-15 business days processing: US$143.00/per document
Consular Fee: $25.00 + Service Fee: $89.00 + Return shipping fee:
(Service fee is reduced to $59 for each additional document, total for each additional document is $84, if the documents can be processed in the same jurisdiction.)
- Express 5-6 business days processing: US$183.00/per document *
Consular Fee: $25.00 + Service Fee: $129.00 + Return shipping fee:
(Service fee is reduced to $99 for each additional document, total for each additional document is $124, if the documents can be processed in the same jurisdiction.)
- Express Plus 3-4 business days processing: US$258.00/per document*
Consular Fee: $50.00 + Service Fee: $179.00 + Return shipping fee:
(Service fee is reduced to $159 for each additional document, total for each additional document is $209, if the documents can be processed in the same jurisdiction.)
(*Express Plus is only available in New York, Houston and Los Angeles jurisdiction and is not currently available in Chicago, DC and San Francisco jurisdiction.)
- Processing time means the time Chinese Consulate needs to process your application and is based on business days. First day of receiving is not processing day. Weekend and holiday doesn't count.
Forms of Payment:
- Payment needs to be in forms of money order, cashiers check, certified check, company check or cash. Company check may need a few extra days to clear. Please make check or money order payable to VisaRite Service. Personal check is not accepted.
- You may also pay by credit card. Credit card payment is subject to 3% surcharge.
- If you have paid online, please include a copy of payment confirmation with your application. Do not send in the credit card payment authorization form if you have paid online.
- Return shipping fee listed is for return addresses within the continental U.S. If your return address is in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or Canada, please include an extra extended delivery area fee of $10.00 per order. If you need to ship back to other international address, additional fee and time is needed, please call for detail.
STEP 5 - Complete Service Request Form
Click here for
Service Request Form
- Please specify your service level and return address by submitting the service request form online.
- Please provide email address and phone so that confirmation and status update can be sent to you during the process.
- Please include one copy of service request confirmation with the documents you ship to us and keep one copy for your record.
STEP 6 - Send the Application Package to VisaRite Service
Put all following items together in one package
- The original notarized and authenticated document, and a photo copy of each single page. You may fold page when making copies.
Do not unstaple, or it will invalidate the document.
- One clearly and completely filled "Application Form for Authentication ".
- Copy of the passport of the applicant.
- Proof of Single Status such as divorce decree or death
certificate. Photocopy only. Do not send the original, it won't be
- Money order or cashier's check payable to VisaRite Service Inc to cover the total cost
Please send your application with all required
items listed above by FedEx,
register mail or other traceable courier service to:
VisaRite Service Center
460 Van Emburgh Ave
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Tel: (201) 445-7088
- The processing time is Consulate processing time and doesn't include the return shipping time. First day of receiving is not processing day.
- Above fee including the Consulate fee, VisaRite service fee, and return shipping fee by FedEx.